| "My name is Kolacke Ngole Christelle, I am a young Cameroonian, age 20, who wants to tell you about her life. Until I was 12 I lived as a happy girl with my aunt and uncle in Douala. My aunt worked at a metal sponge factory, and I knew her like my maternal mother because my real mother had me at the age of 14, and my father disappeared, I never saw him. My aunt loved me - she said I brought her luck because as soon as she adopted me, she managed to conceive her own child after seven years of trying! But her husband my uncle did not, he said his money was going all towards me and not toward his own children. I knew that a real father could never treat his child this way, and this is when he started being very severe to me. He hit me at each mistake, deprived me of meals for at least two months - it was his lastborn who loved me and would save me part of her meal, which I ate hidden by the toilet. I spent days and nights crying. He told me to leave the house, so I left for a week, and it was my aunt who found me and brought me to my mother. That's when I finally met me father at age 13, and when I went to live with my grandparents in Nkongsamba, where I live now, he sent me to school for 2 years before he died. After, it was my grandmother who helped pay my schooling, but right now I'm not in school. Now I am the mother of twin girls, Carole and Clarence." |
No comments:
Post a Comment