September 19, 2011

Celebrating ONE YEAR in Cameroon

Yesterday marked my one year anniversary of arriving to Cameroon as a Peace Corps volunteer! Feels pretty. darn. great. I finished off year one with an incredible jungle hike to some remote water falls, led by a local villager and accompanied by a Cameroonian friend who took all the pictures. It was an awesome adventure and definitely one of those "This is not some fake amusement park Africa. I am really here!" moments : ) More about the difference that a year has made (so big its hard to wrap my head around) coming up, but for now, THANKS for all the support you show through reading the blog, writing emails, sending goodies and letters, dropping facebook messages - no show of encouragement goes unnoticed, they truly keep me going and mean a ton. So don't think I don't need them now that I'm a slightly more seasoned volunteer - the rollercoaster ups and downs never slow down. But thanks to my recent move and all the good energy resulting from those changes, I'm feeling the best I have since I got here and I can't wait for year 2.





Please note the Cameroon-shaped earrings! Wearing my pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment