| This is my village honorary grandmother! She speaks only her local dialect and some Pidgin, so we mostly just hold hands and she says "God bless you my child" over and over. Aren't her cateract sunglasses so hip? She had 9 children, but lost 3; the daughter she lives with had 7 and lost 2. This weekend I decided to give her some some much deserved but rarely received TLC - we did a manicure, complete with massage, nail filing, and a granddaughter grabbing the bottle and spilling red paint on my dress (I can't get near nail polish without accidents, just ask my mother). So worth it though, she seemed tickled pink (or maybe a little overwhelmed) by the whole thing. When I told her we had a date for Sunday morning, and came by at 10, she exclaimed that she had been waiting on this little bench since 6AM. <3 |
Your nails look waaaaay too nice for Africa! And thanks for the shot of Tombel-- my goodness it's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great bunch of photos! Love the gaggle of girls on your living room sofa. Your kitchen looks good enough to cook in!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tess