April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!

To combat nostalgia bordering on homesickness for a favorite tradition-filled holiday, I am bringing the Easter of my childhood to Cameroon! My kitchen table has been turned into a paper egg decorating factory for the neighborhood kids, I am climbing the hill for my own sunrise service tomorrow morning, and after going to church (I did my research on who would have the best Easter music) I am going to host a pancake brunch for my neighbors and new friends in village. To try and cover up for the glaring lack of real maple syrup, we'll have jam, honey, yogurt, and one hell of a fruit salad. To top it all off, the whole town looks like a massive Easter basket with new crops and grass sprouting up fresh and green everywhere - and the new baby goat next door is even more adorable than a bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment