Aside from being eaten alive by mosquitos (we look like our own breed of lepers) you get some straaange bites in strange places at night, even under your mosquito net fortress!
New roommates.
First braids! My new host mom is a beautician : )
Health vs. Agro Sunday morning soccer match in the mud, including Cameroonian staff...they don't mess around
My awesome neighbors during our last night photo shoot
Two takes on Chantel Biya, Cameroon's big-haired first lady. Our Halloween party felt like Christmas in July it was so seemingly out of context! But people mobilize and get it together....we even had a DJ come with speakers from the local bar!
My favorite creative costume! We've talked a LOT about how to make water potable, including through the solar method.
Peace Corpse!
![]() |
| Not the only trainee who loves pink : ) |










OMGEEE I have so many comments about this post!
ReplyDeleteFirst offff -- way to be so awesome and fearless that you can now hang around to take a picture of that GIGANTIC spider!! AHHHHH, I'm spider friendly but I'd be running the other way!
Second - you are looking AMAZING!!! I love the braids!! Did they hurt to put it??
and finally - you look hilarious with the big hair for Halloween and I love all of the costumes your friends are wearing, looks like you're all having fun and it makes me super happy!!!
Dino and I have been slightly inefficient at getting a package together for you - but FEAR not! We will be sending you something super soon! Also - do you want some bug spray so you don't get bitten in strange places? ;) Let me know!
This blog is the greatest! Miss you!!!!!! Post again soon! :)
Love the BIG HAIR!
ReplyDeleteYou DO look awesome. Your coworkers are so inspiring too. Everyone seems to be living to the maxx.
You know I am a spider sympathizer but, I think you are in a whole new ballgame and I'm not sure I could play nice where you are!
Thanks for all the great photos. Marvi.
LOVE all the pics, Tessie - sooo beautiful! Minus the large creepy crawlers that have become your new roommates...I might just have to move to Cameroon because I don't like how these guys are replacing me as your new roommates. Not cool. Sending lots of love your way, Tessie!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteTess -
ReplyDeleteI am getting caught up on your blog and am enjoying it tremendously. Your braids looked great. I'm so happy to hear that you are having such a wonderful experience.
I am thinking of you! -Betsy